Friday, June 7, 2013

Gautama BuddhA preached to his disciples

Gauthama Buddha, while residing at the monastery by Anathapindika, in Jethawana near Savatti, preached to his disciples as follows: Dear monks, There are ten vital points which a priest should constantly keep in mind and reflect upon. They are as follows: 1. I have become castless. I do not belong to any particular cast by birth or by virtue. 2. I live for the benefit of the others and depend on them. 3. Now, I have changed into a life of a holy person from being a layman. 4. I should always contemplate whether I slander my mind with regard to my virtue. 5. I should always contemplate whether the wise holy-men slander myself with regard to my virtue. 6. I should always remember that everything that is dear and appealing to me end in death. 7. I have inherited Kamma, I have appropriated Kamma, I was born of Kamma and I live on Kamma. I should always remember that I am the sole owner of the results of my actions; good or bad. 8. I should always contemplate how virtuously should I spend my holy life day and night. 9. I should always contemplate whether I should meditate and live in desolate places enjoying the supreme solitude. 10.When wise holy-men question me whether I have attained Jahana, eternal path & fruition, the truly noble knowledge and vision at my deathbed, I should be able to answer them without being abashed. Today's Most Read Articles ☟ Main Sects of Buddhism What Buddha Accepted Five Wonderful Precepts There are three types of people in the world. What three? 82

No comments:

Post a Comment