Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cosmetic op leaves woman with infected, scarred nose Sat, Nov 12, 2011 | The Star/Asia News Network A botched cosmetic surgery has left a businesswoman from Singapore with a nasty infection and a bad scar on her nose, Sin Chew Daily reported. The 48-year-old client of a beauty centre in Petaling Jaya claimed she spent RM16,000 (S$6,500) to get a higher bridge on Sept 14 and Oct 1, but ended up with the wounds. She now needs to take medication and a daily injection to prevent further infection. "I dare not go out after the surgery. "I will wear a mask if I need to," she said, adding she was afraid to reveal the truth to her husband and four children. "I told them I had fallen and hit my nose. "I also have breathing difficulty now," she said. She added that the beauty centre refused to bear responsibility after she confronted them two weeks after a second surgery. She claimed the beauty centre operator mainly stated that they would arrange for a doctor to see her. The woman has sought the help of MCA public services and complaints department head Datuk Michael Chong, who urged the Health Ministry to investigate the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment